Birth Team & Location
Choosing Your Birth Team and Location
This video examines birth location choices and choices for your birth team.
- Free Standing Birth Center
Remember that each setting has its own unique set of risks and benefits. No provider or setting can guarantee you of a good outcome. You have to weigh each set of risks and benefits and decide which set feels right for you and your family.
- Certified Professional Midwife
- Certified Nurse Midwife
- Doula (non medical support)
Things to remember when choosing a provider:
- Ask questions and discuss what is important to you. Find a provider that listens and cares about your questions and wishes
- Follow your gut! If you are not feeling comfortable with your provider, it’s never too late to switch.
- Choose a provider who specializes in the type of birth you seek.